Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Hi folks!
I'm posting on a wednesday, after CCA!
Science Society is more structured now. Thank heavens.
Oh and it seems like there's alot more stuff to do now~~
In JC2 too...so buckup buckup!
Today they also released the Pharm Chem list of students...
It seems like I'm in a class with 4 others!
So small :S
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Have to conscienciously revise now...later I get called then my mind is blank then how?!
For the next few weeks I doubt I'll be able to reach home earlier than 6pm!!
This is due to H3, CCAs and A*Star!
Hope all these are worth my effort though...all the plans...please please please be okay and followed through.
On a separate note, our principal talked to us during assembly today. I felt that most points were very true and most definitely relevant. However, I guess the Osama and Chen Shui Bian examples left huge question marks in my head...as a critical GP student, we all know that there are two sides to a story right? Some might argue Osama killed in cold blood - but we have to admit that he did think alot about his people to want to make a change. As for Chen Shui Bian, yes, he did commit fraud, but other than that, his public image was definitely one of care and concern for the community at large and Taiwan did prosper under his reign...
Well, as for that Year 5 who went up, I sincerely felt that was super inappropriate and a bad decision. Some things are meant not to be said - especially not during a mass assembly in such a condescending and 'finger-pointing' tone. He deserves the word "condemn". However, I do admit that one point is true - the chinese teacher one. Perhaps teachers in employment could take slightly more interest in marking our work. Throughout the years, I have met some of these teachers. I remember doing alot of jian baos, but they more or less always come back with a tick and a single yue4 or jian4. Is that fair to the students? I don't think so, especially for weaker students who spend hours writing them. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that it's because the work has no errors - we nearly always get the exact same mark and see no attempt to correct our language too! Of course, as all saying goes, the majority may not be the one at fault. Perhaps it is the minority that really needs to keep themselves in check.
Of course, the reply by the principal could have been better structured, but I guess it's really tough to have fingers pointed at you like that and not feel any sense of retaliation. The key thing was that he managed to stop in time and even apologised. I think that's an action that was extra - so perhaps everyone should give him a break. But he made me think and reflect...on the Year 5s, on the school, on the toughness of having a preceding reputation.
On a higher note, he seems genuinely interested in furthering scholarships and stuff with the student population - and that's one thing I will definitely look forward to.
~5:57 pm
* * *
About me:
Rita
a.k.a. Pearlz, BuBu, Dugong
Twenty Three!
(as of egg day : 25/10/92)
River Valley High School
Fairfield Methodist Primary School
0.5 Bizarrian & 3/4 Emo-ian & 5/6 Ding-Dong-ian
NUS Chemical Engineer
NUS Industrial Engineer
RVGG - Mynah - Oriole
Venture Scout - Science Society
NUS Students' Community Service Club
Part-time tutor
Descriptives:
1. One crazy ENTJ gal who loves milo with anything and can't live a day w/o it
2. Adores Chemistry
3. Loves Yellow, White, Blue and lately, a little orange
4. Loves writing poems, reading and blogging
5. Can be an entertainer or a hardcore studious girl at will
6. Crazy about sports & the outdoors
7. LOVES BEARS! whoots!
8. Quote to live by: Enjoy what each day will bring,you must ask to know,listen to grow,and let your imagination
sing! [adapted, Caz's Rules]
**The top specialist in the Department of Rita-rdeds in the Mental Health Institute :D**
[[ The Wishlist ]]
New book!
get crazy...
Good Results
No tutorials!
Have loads of sleep
New clothes(from head to toe)
*Keeping A Smile On My Face :D*