Sunday, November 29, 2009
First of many firsts.
Today was such a day.
Being an innocent Sunday where my dad was off to Malaysia for a wedding, mum, sis x2 and me went out for a movie at Vivo! We watched 'A Christmas Carol' - it is sooooo touching, yet somehow, scary. No matter how many times I've watched variations of Charles Dickens' book, somehow the storyline and plot always sticks there...
Anyway, after watching movie, we went to Giant VivoCity to get some stuff...and guess who I saw! I saw Mr Wee, our Chem O teacher going down some escalator (with an older guy, perhaps his dad) - too bad I found out too late and didn't have a chance to say 'hi'.
Then, I went to Isabel's to drop off "top-secret" stuffs.
Then mum decided that I should teach my sister how to get from Henry Park Primary School to home, all by herself, using public transport, so that she'll be familiar next year when she needs to start staying back more often...now this was simple yet interesting.
Mum gave us a lift all the way to Henry Park. As you probably know, near Henry Park Primary was 2 bus-stops, at opposite ends of a T-junction. We were supposed to take bus 92, but my smart sis pointed me in the direction of the bus-stop outside Jelita. Halfway there, she told me: I think the bus-stop is the other one instead. So I replied: let's go there and see what buses they have there anyway...
So we walked there. Then we found out that there were a bunch of weird buses which went to Clementi Int, but none to my house. Bravo. So we turned around and walked back to the OTHER end of the T-junction: a good 5 min away...
At the 92 bus-stop, I looked at the bus-routes, and saw that there was only one bus that went there. 92 happened to be a loop service terminating at Ghim Moh Bus Int - so yay! from there we probably can take another bus home. So, I took note of that and started to sit down.
Then my sis called me and made me look more carefully at the bus-route board. Horror of horrors: 92 apparently operated like on every day except Sundays and Public Holidays. JOY! (sacarsm)
So, I looked at the board and saw that it was 3 stops to the Ghim Moh Int - and I decided to walk there. After all, 3 stops isn't that far right? WRONG. It took a good 15 min to get there. On foot, and I was wearing sports pumps. Along the way, I called my mum and started ranting (obviously!!) then my mum just laughed. ahwells. just my luck that its a sunday.
So we walked and walked. Finally we reached Ulu Pandan CC (which was next to Ghim Moh Int). There, sis said she wanted to drink from the cooler and go to the toilet. So I went with her. There was a vending machine, so I got a Soya bean can. It was cold :D (considering I was wearing black tights when I went out, that was good)
On with the journey. We went to Ghim Moh Int, and found out that 3 buses went there: 92, 100, 111. While taking 92 from the Int again would get us home, 92 wasn't operating that day. And needless to say, 100 and 111 went nowhere near my house.
Great. So now was sis' turn: she said...aiya...walking from here home isn't that far, just walk lah! So I was like...ok...but my feet is killing me! (I was wearing sports pumps and they were starting to create blisters at my heel area...)
So, we passed a bus stop (the one outside Buona Vista, along the T-junction leading to Ghim Moh) and decided to switch shoes. Sis was wearing sports shoes, so she had socks and could wear my pumps with little pain. Then I could wear her sports shoes, since we wear only half a size apart right? Well, half a size made a difference. I had to curl my toes to walk, but still, it was more comfortable than having blisters. The pumps were loose for her, but who cares...
Funniest thing was that our clothes didn't match our shoes - but I doubt we cared. We just laughed. ( I was wearing tights...with sports shoes!! and she was wearing nike socks with white pumps)
Then, we walked and walked, until we reached ACJC. wanting to show my sis where was the stop she was supposed to alight at if she took 92, we walked to the area opposite ACJC. Along the way however, my sis, walking in those large shoes, accidentally played frisbee with them. Whee...the shoe suddenly flew a few feet in front...hilarious I tell you.
Anyway, we eventually made it to the front door (I love my mum's face when she saw us with shoes swapped). And to make up for telling us to take 92 home, mum treated us to bubble tea when dinner came :D:D
An experience like no other I tell you...oh and I think I walked at least 2 km today (maybe I should measure the street directory to verify) so I think I've done my workout for the week. Speaking of which, its been a long time since I last went running - I need to do it soon to keep up stamina... Maybe next weekend, since I'll be tired after work on weekdays.
It's late now...so till next time!
~11:10 pm
* * *