Thursday, April 29, 2010
Yesterday, I handed over my duties to Xiaohui - it marks the beginning of a new era, of change, of friendship, of the Science Society.
The trip has been long and winding, with the road twisting and definitely not smooth.
I remember being a part of the first sai kang, I remember being a part of a successful event.
Today I can safely say that I never regretted this journey.
Gary's speech was an eye-opener into the SS before I joined. Nevertheless, I'm proud to have been a part of this, a part of a big family.
I remember the day Mr Chow approached me before morning assembly. I wondered what he wanted to see me for. It turns out that he was trying to talk me into taking up the VP role. I was reluctant at first, given that I was still actively involved in Ventures and actively involved in many other projects. I told him I couldn't commit, that my CCA days clashed with Science Society CCA days. I told him 'no'.
He talked for a while more - he said that it was okay, I can just be in charge of the 2nd CCA members and represent them. Ahh...the naiveness of me in those days - I actually believed him! So, with the introduction of me into the CCA, I sunk in with every new project; I got pushed in deeper. Now, I occasionally miss Ventures for my obligations in Science Society.
Looking back, I must say I'd never have survived if not for Gary and Hester. They're the people whom I have worked closest with - I remember us freaking out together during SISC because the preparation for the Science Camp was not done. I remember us getting scolded by Mr Chow in the morning, I remember us feeling guilty and smsing Mr Chow every few minutes to apologise. We are a team; Or at least we felt like one.
Gary, Hester, Mr Chow and I. We've done the planning for most of the Science Society activities and have had just so many gossip sessions and online meetings that I think I lost track of the exact numbers already. We'd stay up till 11pm and sometimes beyond to discuss all the details for events and meetings. Somehow these all seem so far away now.
Now that I've finally stepped down, I must say Mr Chow made the greatest impact on me. He was the guiding hand for all of us 3 and the advisor whenever we felt that we couldn't make it. He was the one who pushed us to greater heights. I can't imagine a RV life without him.
Anyway, away from such emo stuff, I just want to congratulate the new committee for making it this far - and I hope that everyone will just work hard and do your best!
I especially want to congratulate Zhiliang - I never would have seen your ability if I never saw you in action - you're just one of the largest surprises in Science Society.
Xiaohui - I'll miss working with you on the Science Whiz! I hope that you will continue to lead the society to great heights and persevere although you'll have to juggle SC too!
Yiwei - DIRECT JUNIOR! muahahahha. Continue doing your best for the society! :D and don't emo about Econs!
Fangqi - I've known you for...your entire life in RV! HAHAH. I'll always remember the times we had in Guides together and now you're in Science Society too as the exco. Do your best in whatever you do...and do better for acads so that others don't have a reason to put you down!
Haiz. Stepping down from Science Society means alot more free time. I hope that you'll still ask Yr 6s for advice, if any! :D
~5:19 pm
* * *
About me:
Rita
a.k.a. Pearlz, BuBu, Dugong
Twenty Three!
(as of egg day : 25/10/92)
River Valley High School
Fairfield Methodist Primary School
0.5 Bizarrian & 3/4 Emo-ian & 5/6 Ding-Dong-ian
NUS Chemical Engineer
NUS Industrial Engineer
RVGG - Mynah - Oriole
Venture Scout - Science Society
NUS Students' Community Service Club
Part-time tutor
Descriptives:
1. One crazy ENTJ gal who loves milo with anything and can't live a day w/o it
2. Adores Chemistry
3. Loves Yellow, White, Blue and lately, a little orange
4. Loves writing poems, reading and blogging
5. Can be an entertainer or a hardcore studious girl at will
6. Crazy about sports & the outdoors
7. LOVES BEARS! whoots!
8. Quote to live by: Enjoy what each day will bring,you must ask to know,listen to grow,and let your imagination
sing! [adapted, Caz's Rules]
**The top specialist in the Department of Rita-rdeds in the Mental Health Institute :D**
[[ The Wishlist ]]
New book!
get crazy...
Good Results
No tutorials!
Have loads of sleep
New clothes(from head to toe)
*Keeping A Smile On My Face :D*