Sunday, May 31, 2009
ARGH!
Singapore International Science Challenge is OVER...and i'm super duper glad.
God knows why there are so many 24 hr challenges packed into one 5day camp - which wasn't even a camp for the locals anyway.
I can't believe we couldn't even get to stay in NJC hostel when we start so early in the morning and end so late at night.
Some highlights of the 5 day camp:
1) I stayed up on Friday Night to do the Future problem powerpoint, with Gary, Hester and Mr Chow. Didn't sleep at all, except for one hour between 5 and 6am. Then, I lasted the day and sneaked a nap from 1-2pm (lunchtime), whilst hester, gary and the rest went to island creamery. So I was being anti-social. But who cares?
So it was because of these 2 hours of sleep that I lasted for 5D BBQ - by the time I reached home, it was 10.30pm. By the time I slept, it was possibly 11.30pm?
Best accomplishment ever I think. This is on top of the fact that I was already loosing sleep the past few days - one of the nights we slept at 2am at Hester's house to do the Design and Build Challenge - and on other days, I slept at 12mn chionging random stuffs.
2) I met shuai people (both guys and girls) from other countries! and made loads of friends too :D in particular, the Australian girls from MacRobertson Girls School!! oh and the JAP person was shuai too. Michelle (as in the NJC one) - I understand :D:D
3) A*Star and NTU trips! WHOOTS! I went BTI and I went MAE :D
4) Marina Barrage and Memories at Old Ford Factory! yay! NE NE allllllll the way. Why didn't they introduce me to them when I was in primary school? Then I could have done all my SS all the easier. GRR...
5) Cultural Mapping! OMG I didn't know there was a temple in the middle of all those private houses. o.o o.o
Hai. But despite all my experiences, I feel terrible. We disappointed Mr Chow big time, because of our attitude and other stuffs (in plural). I know we deserved it, so I guess we are really really sorry for all that. and I feel really bad, because the bulk of his anger was directed at Gary - and we were helpless towards that. We couldn't make it better at all. Even though we still pulled through in the end, I guess SISC wasn't at all that well done.
Pierced heartsThe sun sets on the bright skyAnd the moon comes out in gloomEventually a cloud rolls byCovering us and spreading doomCommunication was in soundHearts beating in unisonPerhaps all it took was a roundAnd efforts got the burnTorn nights to rush outNo sleep does not equate workJust these sentences proudMake hearts sink in dirtThen we moved against currentsEntering round twoAgainst all odds we stood barrenSubmitting wrong poosTogether we tried to saveAll that was lost in sightWe attempted to save what we could braveSeeking justice in lightDarkness came and wentLight stood out in mightSure we made a dentBut somehow messed everything rightWith pierced hearts now we fightTogether with one mightBleeding with every blowWe searched to win all lows.Putting all aside, we have holidays - finally - not that it is a true holiday, but at least its a holiday. Let's check out my schedule:
1-2 June: Science Exploration Camp
6-8 June: Ventures Camp?
15, 17, 18 June: Lakeside CIP
The rest shall be spent mugging. I need the grades! how on earth did my results sink so low?! High on my priority list is ECONOMICS! I need economics A next term to pull up my dismal grade. Goodness. A 'U' grade is LOW, I repeat, LOW on my priority list. I need to PASS ECONS!
Another happy thing is that I'm in the consideration list for Chemistry Olympiad! Yay! So, I need to maintain my score, or else get higher. Stress!!
~3:33 pm
* * *
About me:
Rita
a.k.a. Pearlz, BuBu, Dugong
Twenty Three!
(as of egg day : 25/10/92)
River Valley High School
Fairfield Methodist Primary School
0.5 Bizarrian & 3/4 Emo-ian & 5/6 Ding-Dong-ian
NUS Chemical Engineer
NUS Industrial Engineer
RVGG - Mynah - Oriole
Venture Scout - Science Society
NUS Students' Community Service Club
Part-time tutor
Descriptives:
1. One crazy ENTJ gal who loves milo with anything and can't live a day w/o it
2. Adores Chemistry
3. Loves Yellow, White, Blue and lately, a little orange
4. Loves writing poems, reading and blogging
5. Can be an entertainer or a hardcore studious girl at will
6. Crazy about sports & the outdoors
7. LOVES BEARS! whoots!
8. Quote to live by: Enjoy what each day will bring,you must ask to know,listen to grow,and let your imagination
sing! [adapted, Caz's Rules]
**The top specialist in the Department of Rita-rdeds in the Mental Health Institute :D**
[[ The Wishlist ]]
New book!
get crazy...
Good Results
No tutorials!
Have loads of sleep
New clothes(from head to toe)
*Keeping A Smile On My Face :D*