Friday, February 22, 2008
It's again the end of one more LONG week. This week, we had maths, chemistry and biology tests. But then again, they seem so far away.
My strategy this year is to finish with the test, never be depressed and just move on. Life's just too short to moan over insignificant events.
Take english for example. I'm dropping. Maybe Mr Wee will put me in thinking class. apparantly I'm incapable of thinking critically because my grades show that I failed in the GP portion. and now I have to redo an essay I totally don't know what to write about.
Well, as for Bio, Mr Chow's words say it all. "Not so well done". Or something along that line. Well, when the teacher says that homeostasis will be covered and this will be linked to the excretion and digestive portions, you are supposed to know that you are supposed to study excretion and digestion too and not the portion that relates to homeostasis. Oh man. I should have studied more critically. See? That's proof that I can't think again. Thank goodness I at least glanced at the set of notes before doing the test. Or I think I'll be crying by now.
and that would be something, because I don't remember crying a single time this year. Not over tests, not over sad shows, not over things in my life. Apparantly, there are no good sad shows.
Chemistry seems further away, I can't remember a thing about it, except that HCl is not the slowest acting acid. Or something like that. When they modify the paper for different classes, maybe they should keep the standard about the same. fastest acting acid is so easy to find can? It's obvious it's H2SO4.
Maths seems further. Somehow, I always end up sleeping in maths class these days. Is it my problem or the syllabus' problem? I sleep the same time I do as in last year. I think it's most probably because we're still going too slow. Well, I know all that stuff about us being faster than the other classes and all that, but then I think we're still too slow. Don't know why. Well, last year I had to do the maths questions at home. This year, I've upgraded. I'm doing it in class. Why? It's simply either because the questions are too little or too easy to complete. Don't know why either.
and I get the general gist that I'm not listening too much in class. Many teachers are calling me halfway through class huh...either ask me questions or what. I should wake up and be more alert. I know, I know. Maybe 2nd last row isn't such a great idea. I hope ALL lessons speed up soon. They are far too slow. All of them in fact. Is it because we're in an IP school so every teacher thinks that they've got all the time to drill us this year? I hope not. Because this mentality is definitely flawed.
Today, went off to IMCB A*star complex for the GM press conference. Apparantly it's a waste of time - I could have been at CCA doing more constructive stuff with Fire Com.
Why on earth do they ask professors and experts to chair the conference when all of them answer each question with a general reply? It's not as if they give in depth answers. I think all those answers they gave, we could have easily derived them ourselves. This goes to prove the fact that an expert in a field most probably cannot express their views well to others. They require to put all findings on paper and after careful thought.
The only takeaway from the GM conference would be that there is an increase in the amount of prize money. Now the top prize is $1000 borders voucher. best thing is that if we win it, the school can't get anything from it, because it is a voucher and not cash (:(:
Then there's also the issue as to whether I should be going to Geog or Science on 9th April. Why are both in the afternoon?!?! hmm. got to give them the answers by next week. Think Rita! I need to decide which one I'll be going with...
Moving on to today - THINKING DAY!!!
haha. well, Mr Wee got us thinking what are we going to do in Year 5. But that seems so far away. I want to join something with the same guides I've grown to love for 4 years, but that seems quite impossible. It's hard to leave now that we've started. RVGG '08 Year 4s, we leave our mark with a GOLD. may we strive for excellence wherever we end up next year.
Random:
-Poem is at a stop. I've just got too much on my mind. Poeming doesn't release the pain. Maybe piano might. I'll drop by it later...
-Ventures? Outdoor Adventure? how many are going there?
Today's only the 22nd of Feb. But it feels like time is going so fast already. Maybe what the teachers say is right. Time is going faster and accelerating every minute. Soon 2008 will turn to 2009 then we'll all be in Boon Lay. Then 2009 turns to 2010 and it's YOG and A levels. Time sure passes fast. Next wednesday we'll know the criterions for subject combinations next year already. I seriously need to pull my grades up higher if I want my H3 Subjects...
~8:28 pm
* * *